Apologies, we no longer stock this product in our shop.
- Low-carb and high-fibre seed husks
- Recommended by Dr Atkins as the preferred fibre supplement for Atkins Diet (1 tbsp a day)
- Can be added to food, used as a low-carb baking ingredient or mixed with water or protein shake
- Improves texture of gluten-free low-carb baked goodies
- 200g pack includes 40 portions of 1 tbsp (if taking as supplement), equivalent to about 3.5 cups (if using in baking)
Psyllium husks nutritional information
|Nutritional information (per 100g)|
|- of which saturates||0g|
Are psyllium husks suitable for my low-carb diet?
|Atkins||Yes, recommended for all phases|
|Dukan||Not specifically mentioned, but this product has a similar nutritional profile to oat bran.|
|South Beach||Yes, as a supplement.|
|Keto||Yes, due to low net carbs content|
|Paleo / Primal||Yes, this is a natural product.|
100% psyllium husks.
Atkins Diet and Flax
Psyllium husks is the recommended fibre supplement for Atkins Diet. Dr Atkins recommended taking 1 tablespoon a day to ensure healthy digestion. (Robert C Atkins (27 May 2009). Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution. Ebury Publishing. p. 76. ISBN 978-1-4070-2768-5)
Packed in an environment which also handles peanuts, sesame seeds, gluten, soya, milk and sulphured fruits.
Suma: About the brand
Suma is the UK’s largest independent wholefood wholesaler/distributor, specialising in vegetarian, fairly traded, organic, ethical and natural products.